Cassaday & Company Inc. is one of twenty financial advisory firms from across the nation selected for the 2019 Invest in Others Charitable Champions List. This inaugural list recognizes advisory firms who have demonstrated exemplary efforts to give back to their communities by promoting a culture of philanthropy among employees.
“Leadership plays a critical role in the success of corporate philanthropy programs,” said Megan McAuley, Executive Director and President of Invest in Others Charitable Foundation. “With this year’s Charitable Champions List, the tone from the top was key to fostering a culture of philanthropy. Overall employee participation rates in the programs at these firms averaged more 85%. They offered a variety of initiatives ranging from volunteer time off and matching gifts to food drives, partnerships with local charities, and service trips abroad.”
About Invest in Others
Invest in Others is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to supporting and empowering financial advisors and firms that make a difference in the lives of others. Its programs recognize, support, and connect, which helps to build critical visibility, encourage others to get involved, channel additional resources to those in need, and highlight the important work being championed by the financial services community.
About the Award
Award applications were evaluated blindly by a panel of judges based on criteria including:
- employee benefits,
- company contributions, and
- philanthropic events and programs offered by the firms.
To be eligible for the Charitable Champions award, firms must meet all the following criteria:
- Been in business a minimum of 1 year
- Have a minimum of 10 employees in the United States. All employees within the company should be included in your employee count, not just your financial advising department.
- Be a registered investment adviser (RIA), affiliated with (but not an employee of) an independent broker-dealer (IBD), or a hybrid/dually registered firm affiliated with an IBD and doing business through an RIA. Firms should directly provide financial advice to households or organizations.
Invest in Others has acknowledged the importance of firm-wide philanthropy since 2015 via its Corporate Philanthropy Award.
Overwhelmed by the compassion, dedication, and impact that advisors and their firms were demonstrating on Corporate Philanthropy Award applications, Invest in Others was inspired to develop a more robust corporate recognition program: Charitable Champions.